Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mama Bean is guest-blogging for the first time!

"It's just like the adoption folks are always saying, "Family isn't always blood." So, okay, maybe I have a church 'family' or a profession-related 'family' or a hobby-related 'family'. Each of these groups represents its own culture, that I have learned about and internalized as something important to me. Each group has a history and a value-set that is bundled up in a 'family' code - this is the essential information. This is the group's heritage. Know this, act accordingly, and you belong."
Amanda graciously asked me to guest post in honour of May being Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Come on over and check it out!

(If you read this on my RSS, you might have seen a sneak peak of an unfinished draft of the post. Sorry! Come read the real deal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment